[messages] [Module Design] Layer always on bottom

Kimble kimble at maine.rr.com
Sat Feb 23 09:00:56 MST 2013

I'm working on a space combat module (FASA's Star Trek Combat Simulator)
with soem other players.

I prefer the module to imitate the original game with cardboard game
counters. The other players prefer just the ship image. Not an issue! I
can just make a hexagonal counter layer than can be turned on or off.

I have a Basic Piece prototype with all the properties and commands for
all game pieces. A second protoype (i.e. Romulan) contains extra
civilization only commands, like cloaking. The actual Game PIece
contains the individual ship image and the two prototypes. I"ve put the
hexagonal chit image int he Basic Piece prototype.

My problem is that when the game piece is de-selected, the hexagonal
chit image moves to the top layer. I want it to always stay on the
bottom.

Would I use a marker and a Map definition?

Thanks.