[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Windows 8

Dabrion dab at dabrion.de
Sun Feb 24 05:12:04 MST 2013

We just had the a similar problem with a new laptop that hat a Windows 8
(32bit) installed. Vassal would only open and operate normally if you
put it in "Windows XP (SP3)" compatibility mode and start it as
administrator.

Relevant settings that got vassal to load modules and operate them
properly: on the desktop link rclick->properties, switch to
compatibility tab, check use compatibility and choose "Windows XP
(SP3)", check the "start as administrator" option, press apply or ok.
(windows was a German brand, I translated on the fly, actual options
might be named differently)

Cheers