[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] peer2peer / private server

snacknuts snacknuts at snacknuts.com
Mon Feb 25 13:56:53 MST 2013

It appears that peer to peer and private server/client doesn't work
correctly in 3.2.2(?)

Here's what I've tried:
  per the docs, File -> Preferences -> Server -> Add.  This only allows
me to add a jabber server.  New peer-to-peer isn't a choice.

right clicking on the "Server" icon on;  peer-to-peer isn't a choice.
Private server and private client is.
  Private server simply opens a "Description: Private Connection -
Server Mode" Dialog.  hitting okay appears to do nothing (nothing in
netstat about listening on :5050).
  Private client opens a dialog that displays my internet and local
address and allows me to change the port.  Still nothing listening on
:5050

regardless of which is selected, hitting 'connect' (the second button)
always connects to the vassal server.

Is there something I'm missing?  a command line argument to enable
peer-to-peer maybe?

Thanks!