[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal 3.2.2 on Mac OSX won't start

dhurtt dale_hurtt at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 14:36:36 MST 2013

No. It only gets worse. I anticipated that you would ask this so I
tested, and received the error that it could not find java. Typing in
the terminal "java -version" shows "-bash: java: command not found".
Oddly "javac -version" works.

So I go to Oracle and download Java 7. Install goes fine, but terminal
still gives the same "not found" error. So, I am searching the web
trying to find out what is going on.

The strange thing is, I was gaming just last night, put the Mac into
Sleep mode, and this morning nothing worked. Somehow some update must
have downloaded, but I would not have thought that Sleep mode would
cause anything to be reloaded. Nonetheless, I have rebooted several
times since.

Definitely not getting to the point where it creates the sub-directory,
however. Will keep researching. Any ideas you have would be greatly
appreciated as at this point, uninstalling and reinstalling is not an
option; nothing works anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Dale Hurtt