[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal 3.2.2 on Mac OSX won't start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Feb 25 15:07:45 MST 2013

Thus spake dhurtt:
> No. It only gets worse. I anticipated that you would ask this so I
> tested, and received the error that it could not find java. Typing in
> the terminal "java -version" shows "-bash: java: command not found".
> Oddly "javac -version" works.

This is what I suspected was the problem.

I think this is an issue not with VASSAL, but with the way you have
Java installed. It seems similar to the problem which starts here

  http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38716#p38716

in the middle of trying to troubleshoot something else.

The immediate problem is that java isn't on your PATH.

We're going to need someone who is more familiar with Macs than I am to
help troubleshoot this, as I'm not sure what the canonical solution to
this problem is on a Mac.