[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal 3.2.2 on Mac OSX won't start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Feb 27 02:36:02 MST 2013

Thus spake dhurtt:
> Yes, it runs. But when I double-clicked on the module I was testing
> (successfully) with VASSAL.sh, I received an error. I filled out Bug
> Tracker, but here is the message:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Icon Family VASSAL not found

I think the app launcher is not setting the correct working directory.
I'll adjust that and post another build for you to try.

> By the way, I figured out why I could not see the VASSAL directory in
> ~/Library/Application Support: it is normally hidden from view in the
> Finder.

I was not aware of that. This explains why some other Mac users have
said it's not there. I've added a note about that to the wiki.

> When I went to terminal it was there. Should I zero out the
> errorLog and try restarting the Mac OS X 3.2.2 version and send you the
> logs (or paste them here)?

Yes, please.

> Thanks for all your hard work. Please find a $50 donation to your
> organization. It has been long overdue, to be honest.

Got it. Thanks! Donations pay our hosting bills.