[messages] [Developers] Contemplating extending VASSAL

michal.b michal.blazejczyk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:06:23 MST 2013

Hi all,

I am contemplating creating a VASSAL spin-off project. The purpose is to
provide extended interactive tools to a particular board game.  Such
tools cannot be provided by the existing VASSAL module abstraction.
What I am talking about are some of the things that are in development
for VASSAL (better terrain handling) but also interactive context-aware
charts; various interactive dialog-based tools; extended counter-related
features (e.g. handling combat and movement); handling multiple separate
locations in a hex; etc.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me any comments / suggestions /
criticisms of this...

Kind regards,
Michal