[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Saving Extensions in 3.2.2 is causing freeze

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 11 08:41:31 MST 2013

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Rydiak:
> > Any dev input on this yet?
>
> Don't expect anything from me until I have internet access at home
> again, which should be in a few days. Otherwise, someone else might
> reply before that.
>
> --
> J.

Did some testing. If I add a new extension to the SW:ED module I get the
exact same problem with resaving/save as after initial creation, however
doing the same thing to any other module results in the new extension
saving and editing and resaving correctly without problem.

This appears to be a module specific problem, but what the cause is
right now I'm not sure. There is no custom code here so can rule that
out. All the files look good - nothing is being set to read only or
locked out. And unfortunately there is nothing in the log either...

Aha - Corruption. The Base module zip appears to be corrupt. Here is
your fix - edit the base module, make it version 3.2.1 or something new
and save it with a different file name. Then create your extension under
the new module version. You can now reedit and save your extension as
much as you like.

Unfortunately this means that the module creator of SW:ED 3.2 also needs
to address the base module corruption for all users unless you upload
your version as the current one to use