[messages] Edit: Re: [Feature Requests] Programmable mousewheel

RLWilson ron.l.wilson at charter.net
Sat Jan 12 11:30:15 MST 2013

[This message has been edited.]

The mouse wheel is great.but I think pretty much under utilized.

I think it would be cool if one could program the mouse wheel so that it
could control more than just one thing. For example one  could set up a
sequence where if one pushed down on the wheel and quickly lets go it
would cycle to the next control option. For example it may control
horizontal scroll and after the moues wheel click next control vertical
scroll. Click it down again and it is back controlling horizontal
scroll. Or one might want to a dd a vertical zoom option and have three
steps in the click sequence.

Or for the really control everything from the mouse freak and never have
to type it could be programed so if one holds it  down for a second or
two one gets a mouse wheel scrollable menu of four or five control
options.