[messages] Edit: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal will not start

Proxiehunter martinkhall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:36:47 MST 2013

[This message has been edited.]

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Proxiehunter:
> > Model - Acer Aspire 1
> > Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
> > CPU Intel Atom N270 @ 1.60GHz	Diamondville 45nm Technology
> > Memory 1.00 GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)
> > Video Card Generic PnP Monitor (1024x600 at 60Hz)
> > Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
> > Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
> > Vassal version 3.2.2
> > Java version Java 7 update 10
> >
> > When I attempt to start Vassal nothing happens except the program
> > sucking up 50,000K or more of memory. Nothing opens, no error
> message is
> > produced. It does not seem to have produced an error log.
>
> Check whether you have both Java 6 and Java 7 installed at once. If
> so,
> uninstal one of them. This is the most common cause of the symptoms
> you're reporting.
>
> --
> J.

Unless java is installed separately on different user profiles and this
can cause interference this isn't the issue. I just deleted every trace
of Java I could find (with the aid of a program called Java Ra) and did
a clean install; incidentally moving to Java 7 update 11 in the process.
I'm still getting this behavior.

There was an issue with me having multiple java installs that I
discovered early after posting this thread, however fixing that via less
drastic methods than the clean install I tried today also failed to
clear up the problem.

Edit: Looks like I can no longer edit the original post so here are my
computers most up to date specs:

Model - Acer Aspire 1
Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU Intel Atom N270 @ 1.60GHz	Diamondville 45nm Technology
Memory 1.00 GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)
Video Card Generic PnP Monitor (1024x600 at 60Hz)
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
Vassal version 3.2.2
Java version Java 7 update 11