[messages] [Module Support] Ardennes '44 Bug - Can't remove small bridge markers

tangentRW scotmc3 at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 01:00:10 MST 2013

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but the little circular
bridge markers that were added by the module designer to this module do
not work well. The one sitting in hex 1305 can't even be accessed. I
tried placing some of the small circular bridge building markers in 2013
and 2114 and now I can't touch them either. They appear to have embedded
themselves under some extra graphic layer and no longer respond to UI
actions. I am running the module in VASSAL 3.2.2 on Windows 64.

Given that these small circular pieces are non-standard from the game
and given that the regular full size bridge counters do exist and work.
I recommend not using these pieces at all.

However there is one problem with this decision at least if one is
playing the standard campaign scenario. The module designer used these
small pieces at start. However there is one trick to get rid of these
little annoyances: 1) put an identical piece in the near vicinity of the
at start piece and draw a selection rectangle around both of the pieces
so that both pieces are highlighted then 2) right click on the new piece
and select the Delete command. This will delete both pieces.
Unfortunately this doesn't work after you have saved the module; it must
be done in the first turn.

There may be a problem with how either the pieces are layered or with
how the new layer showing the German deployment regions is interacting
with the pieces.