[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal will not start

.mp morningespresso at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 20:35:51 MST 2013

I just solved my own Vassal won't start problem. Same symptoms as this
thread so I'm posting here instead of starting yet another won't start
thread. In my case, it appears java.com fed me the 32 bit version;
however, I use Win 7 64 bit. I uninstalled all previous versions of java
using the windows console & then manually removed some jetsam left
behind while attempting to fix the problem. Many reboots and a clean
java install later, Vassal now runs.

Good luck,