[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Missing Card Text, Glitchy maps

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Jan 31 14:32:19 MST 2013

I can see from the diagnostic output that the images Java fails to draw
on Retina displays are all type 3, which is TYPE_INT_ARGB_PRE, while the
ones which succeed are type 1, which is TYPE_INT_RGB. The reason we hand
Java images which are TYPE_INT_ARGB_PRE is that we've asked Java which
type of images are optimal for drawing to the screen, and that's the
type it told us. What I now need to know is whether we're telling Java
to paint TYPE_INT_ARGB_PRE images on Macs where all the zoom levels
work---that will tell me whether it's Java or our image scaler that's at
fault.

So: I need the errorLog of one more run of the diagnostic build, this
time cycling through all of the zoom levels on a Mac with a non-Retina
display, one where all of the zoom levels work properly. Here's a link
to an updated version of the diagnostic build:

http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/b ... macosx.dmg[1]

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/VASSAL-3.2.3-svn8523-tiletest-macosx.dmg