[messages] [Module Design] Reading a Global Property for a Distant Zone

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 8 18:33:16 MST 2013

>  How can I read that value when I'm not in that zone?

Zone properties are only available to pieces sitting within that zone,
so it is not possibly to directly read them from 'outside' the zone.

You could potentially set up a complex scheme with an invisible mediator
counter in each zone that you ask to post the value of the zone property
you want into a global property where you could retrieve it, but it
would be a lot of work and difficult to maintain and debug and I
wouldn't advise it.

A much easier way is to save the TEM into a dynamic property when you
land in a zone, then it is available when you leave the zone.

Brent,