[messages] [General Discussion] Dynamic Property and Text Label

jimpyle jimpyle48 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 14 18:45:43 MST 2013

I found this note under Dynamic Property in the Designer's Guide:

Example: we define a Dynamic Property called Hit Points that represents
the amount of damage taken by a warrior. Hit Points
has a maximum level of 20, and a minimum of 0. We add a command to the
Property with a Command Menu item of Change Value
and a shortcut of Ctrl-V. When the user selects Change Value, the module
prompts for the new value of Hit Points. _Dynamic
Properties do not display their values on a Game Piece, but we could
display the current value of each warriorʼs Hit Points using a
Text Label or a Layer._

Is there a way to have a Text Label automatically set to the Dynamic
Property's value?

Thanks,

Jim