[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Sending pieces/cards to dynamic locations

Allegory spam4836 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:13:35 MST 2013

[This message has been edited.]

I've been working on creating a [u]The Resistance: Avalon[/u] module, as
I did not yet see one in the module database. One of the core features
of this game is a set of randomly assigned role cards unknown to any
other player (even those on your team), and the relationships they have
with other cards. Essentially the "sides" aren't chosen before the game,
but are randomly assigned during the game and remain unknown throughout
play.

Let me simplify the situation down to just three roles: a good guy, a
bad guy, and Merlin. These three roles are randomly assigned to players
during the game, and none of them knows who the other is except for
Merlin. Merlin knows who the bad guy is. What I need is a way for the
bad guy to indicate to the MErlin player that he is indeed the bad guy
without knowing to which player he is giving the signal.

What I have set up now is having each player join a side, with one
player to a side. They then draw a role card from a deck and put it into
their player hand and that is there role. What I thought I could maybe
do is set the Merlin card to have a property, and then each player has a
player token they can send to that property indicate who they are to
that role. So let's say player 3 is the bad guy. He needs to indicate to
Merlin he is the bad guy so he send his player 3 token to merlin. While
player 3 knows he has sent his token to the player with the role of
merlin, he does not know which player this is.

I'm still quite new to vassal and was unable to accomplish this. I've
read through he manual, and thought the [b]send to[/b] command with
[b]another counter, selected by properties[/b] was what I wanted, but I
guess I don't know the proper syntax to use when specifying where to
send it.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I might accomplish this goal?