[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal and Java from flashdrive

Shabba shanksparilla at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 17 15:39:41 MST 2013

Update... for a lark I tried using the .bat file with "Run as
Administrator" (as I don't have admin rights to the desktop I'm using,
which makes things difficult) and whoosh, Vassal runs.

I have NO IDEA why this is the case, as I never had to use this method
before - I simply double-clicked on the Vassal .exe file and it always
ran fine.

FYI, the computer is running Windows 7 and the .bat file on my
flashdrive contains the following:

REM Execute this file to launch VASSAL on Windows
set path=.;%1%\VassalUSB\jre6\bin
start javaw -client -cp lib/Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager %*

If anyone wants to weigh in with their thoughts from a technical
perspective, I'm all ears, seriously.

Thanks -
Jamie