[messages] [Module General Discussion] not understanding pre-defined properties

rozar5 rozar5 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 07:35:22 MST 2013

Hello.  I am using Property Sheets to define some characteristics of a
game piece that will change during play.  The problem I am having is
getting a pre-defined value on the Property Sheet at the beginning of
the game.  I read the Designer's guide relating to the subject and most
seems to be pretty straight forward but the manual is a little confusing
to me when it says:
_[i]1. In the Game Pieces Palette, select the piece whose Property Sheet
you want to pre-define. (Do not drag it to the map.)
2. In the Palette, right-click the piece and select the Property Sheet
from the Command Menu.
3. Enter the values for the sheet as desired.
4. Save the module. Whenever a Game Piece of this type is drawn from the
palette, the values you entered will be already
defined in the Property Sheet._

Is this happening in the edit mode?  The "(Do not drag it to the map)"
confuses me.  That would imply that the values would be added in the
game mode, saved and used in a pre-defined set-up.  I tried that and the
value was always 0 when I started the game.

I hope I have explained my problem clearly.  Help!  (please)