[messages] [Module Design] Vassal Module for Mantic's Kings of War

lockke lockke at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:11:36 MST 2013

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english, i'm from spain and it is very hard
to me to talk to you in this language.

I'm trying to build a Vassal Module for Kings of War, the miniatures
wargame from Mantic miniatures. Actually I'm learning all i can about de
designer guide, and i'm working hardly in that module.

Parts of the module, like the graphics and the single pieces are well
advanced, but i have a problem with the dice rolls.

In Kings of war there are a lot of multiple dice rolls (20D6, 30D6) and
with the basics options of dice i don't know how to make that the
results appears in order and count the results. For example:

results for 15D6 with the basic option: 1,5,2,3,6,4,4,3,2,1,1,6,5,4,3
I want to show this results: 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,6,6

And another think i want to do is the next:

A unit rolls 10D6 dice to impact the enemy, and the unit impacts with a
result of 3 or more in a D6. I want to show:

1,1,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,6 (7 hits)

and another button for "to wound" dice rolls that works in the same way.

An excellent example of what i want to do is the "To Hit/Wound" button
of the awesome vassal Warhammer 40k module.

A last bit, i have knowledges about programming but i have never
programming Java.

I will thank you every help you can give me. And sorry for my english,
again.

Thank you all.