[messages] [General Discussion] Vassal Wiki

Hamster teunham at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 22:53:16 MST 2013

I would like to start a discussion on the Vassal Wiki[1]

As the "warning" on the wiki says, "_The wiki is a mess, due to long
neglect on our old site. This wiki could be a useful resource for the
community, but we need your help in order to make it so. Please consider
editing a page to improve the wiki_".

I see good questions and answers in these forums, but I would like to
encourage people to include those Q&A in the wiki. Related questions can
be grouped in the wiki, so all information about Traits (for example) is
easy to find.

__"Random Page" (modified)__
I always like a random page option, but in this case I would to have the
random page __exclude__ any Modules. Why? The wiki has only a few pages
with info about the Vassal Engine, but thousands of pages with Modules.
The random page option is most likely to display a Module page.

__"Random Module" (new)__
As the random page will no longer display any modules, this link will
display a random __Module__ page (and will exclude any "regular" wiki
page)

__"Vassal 4"__
When Vassal 4 arrives, will we start with a fresh new wiki, dedicated to
Vassal 4? I think that would make sense as Vassal 4 has been rewritten
completely and is incompatible with older Vassal versions.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Main_Page