[messages] [General Discussion] TheGameCrafter and Vassal

Hamster teunham at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 23:06:31 MST 2013

TheGameCrafter[1]

_The Game Crafter (TGC) is the world’s first web-to-print game
publishing company and offers a print on demand game publishing service.
TGC empowers game designers around the world by allowing them to make a
board game, card game, and custom playing cards through a website. Using
the latest web technology, TGC developed a website platform that
simplifies the design, manufacturing, and retail processes related to
tabletop games._

I am considering creating a real boardgame by using TGC. I have been
playing around with Vassal to get to know the basics (and still working
on that).

How cool would it be if we could use the templates by TGC to create the
graphics(*) in Vassal? That way we could have a digital version (Vassal)
and if the gameplay is right, we can let TGC create/sell our game(s) to
the world!

Any thoughts?

(*) The graphics on the templates of TGC are "larger" because the items
will be trimmed to size. But a mask in Vassal could easily trim the
graphics to the right size.

[1] https://www.thegamecrafter.com