[messages] Edit: Re: [General Discussion] Creating a CCG Board Game... will Vassal work?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Oct 22 13:19:57 MST 2013

Thus spake Psyclone625:

> Players will initially log into the game into a lobby (chat room) where
> they can then edit their decks or find a game.

You're going to find that if you want to do this literally the way you
described, VASSAL 3 won't support that. I know there are some deck-
building games for which people have made modules, but I'm not familiar
with how people handled deck creation for those. Maybe someone who has
done that will comment.

> I'm wondering if Vassal will be able to do everything I'm planning to
> implement and had a couple initial questions...
>
> __How much do I need to know about networking?__

Nothing, if you create a VASSAL module.

> __Can Vassal handle multiple (hundreds) of simultaneous instances of the
> game running at once?__

Our game server frequently has hundreds of games running at once.