[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] SVG map import fails - What am I doing wrong?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Oct 22 15:14:13 MST 2013

Thus spake blackice:
> Hi Joel,
>
> The map file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1lwbqfo2nlsp ...
> shrunk.svg[1]
>
> Can you get it this way? Thanks for your help!

Did you check VASSAL's errorLog? It says what the problem is:

"Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: The current document is unable to create an element of the requested type (namespace: http://www.w3.org/2000/svg, name: flowRoot)."

Your SVG contains flowRoot elements, but the version attribute of the
svg element is set to 1.1. The flowRoot element wasn't part of the SVG
1.1 standard. If you want to use flowRoot, you have to use SVG 1.2.
You could simply edit the svg element so that version="1.2", but that
won't be enough to get this file to work. When I tried that, there
were some other problems:

'The "center" identifier is not a valid value for the "text-align"
property.'

So, you have some problems with your SVG.