[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] SVG map import fails - What am I doing wrong?

blackice blackice at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 26 09:44:20 MST 2013

Hi,

I managed to get rid of all flowRoot elements. This article was
tremendously helpful for the task:
http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10819[1]

However, I am now running into the next error message. At least this
time I found it and I believe it means that I have a special character
issue:

Code:
Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte
UTF-8 sequence.

The map is using two Scandinavian characters, which I suspect cause the
problem: __ø__ and __å__.

I will try again with those characters removed, but do you have any
thoughts on how to get them to work?

Thanks!

Martin

[1] http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10819