[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] "x.vsav is not a valid Vassal module"

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 10:37:42 MST 2013

"Artfiel" wrote:
> If I try to open Vassal first, then open module I get a message saying
> "x.vsav is not a valid VASSAL module" and then Vassal.exe shuts down.

I can't speak to the crash that's occurring when you double-click the
x.vsav file with the expectation that VASSAL will fire up and load the
appropriate module, but....

The part I quoted above sounds like a procedural error. When you use
__Open Module__ from the __File__ menu, VASSAL *should* give you that
error message. It's expecting you to point to a module, but you tried to
open a saved game file.

Granted, it still probably shouldn't crash the entire program, but I
thought I would point this out. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you
did.