[messages] [Module Design] Fun with Negative Numbers

Tim McCarron timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 4 04:11:51 MST 2013

Remove the minus sign

-----Original Message-----
From: messages [mailto:messages-bounces at vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of
capi3101
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:51 PM
To: messages at vassalengine.org
Subject: Re: [messages] [Module Design] Fun with Negative Numbers

Okay...the Global Properties involved are "Confederation Group Maneuver"
and "Kilrathi Group Maneuver".
Both are numeric, a minimum value of -999 and a maximum of 999.

Set Global Property traits...
Okay, well I have a pair for the Maneuver calculator and display pieces on
the Battle Board.
Both numeric, both minimum -999 and maximum 999.
The others are in the "Confederation" and "Kilrathi" prototypes - only
difference between the two is a different Mask image.
...both numeric, both minimum -999 and maximum 999.

I am still interested in trying to find a solution for what's going on.
Meantime, I have pulled the Set Global Property traits for adjusting
Maneuver strength into a new set of four Prototypes, one for Confederation
ships with positive Maneuver ratings, one for Kilrathi ships with positive
maneuver ratings, and the other two for the corresponding ships with
negative ratings. Simply add the corresponding Prototype to each craft and
remove the minus sign from in front of the values of those ships that have
them. It seems to have done the trick, but my inner programmer is screaming
at me right now...

Could VASSAL have been interpreting the whole thing as a non-numeric value
because of the presence of the minus sign? That's the only thing I'm coming
up with.