[messages] [General Discussion] vassal for android?

Tom Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 09:29:33 MST 2013

The Android SDK is cross-platform and runs on Linux:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Now, Android doesn't run a standard JVM and the system APIs are different,
so I don't think you can just cross-compile.
For a quick summary look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Java_and_Android_API

In particular, Swing is not supported.  So getting the current Vassal on
Android would require some work.

As for Vassal 4, moving away from Java would make things a bit trickier,
but not impossible:
  http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/127735/android-development-using-c-and-c