[messages] [Module General Discussion] Some help with building custom code

capi3101 capi3101a at netscape.net
Tue Sep 10 15:00:25 MST 2013

...and I don't know Java either. I know Python, though, and I've got
enough knowledge of programming to know that the big difference between
programming languages is the syntax.

So in Python, I'd recast something to a float by saying (float); that
would give then give me a number with a gazillion decimal points, which
I would then narrow down a bit. Now, my understanding is that I could
achieve what I wanted in Java - a number with a single decimal point -
by multiplying one of the numbers by 0.1 first. Is that correct? I
haven't actually tried this...