[messages] [Module General Discussion] Some help with building custom code

Tom Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:02:53 MST 2013

Not necessarily.
0.1 is not exactly representable as a binary fraction, so you wouldn't have
any guarantees as to the number of decimal places that a floating point
number will occupy.  That can only really be done by formatting the
resulting numbers, which is not really something supported by Vassal, AFAIK.

Binary floating point can be really surprising in the way that it works.
 In fact, it will likely have the same results as what you see in Python.
 Now Java happens to have decimal numbers as well, which you may be able to
use in beanshell, although it would be less convenient than using int or
double floats.