[messages] [Module Design] Total of random dice roll

capi3101 capi3101a at netscape.net
Sat Sep 14 15:16:18 MST 2013

Yeah - that's a setting of Dice Buttons. You simply check the "Report
Total" button and when the button is used it will report the total
instead of individual results. If you want to set it up so that you can
use a single button for various dice types, make sure "Prompt for Values
when Button Pushed?" is also selected; otherwise you'll need one button
for each type of dice you need to roll with your mod.

I haven't found a method wherein VASSAL will report both the outcomes of
individual dies and the overall sum yet, if that's what you're asking...

Wait a minute - are you asking if you can have a d4, d6 and d8 rolled
and then have the mod sum them up with the push of a single button? I
know how to do that, but I don't have sufficient time to type up the
procedure at the moment. If I've answered your question already, okay;
if not, say so and I'll post the procedure when I get an opportunity.