[messages] Edit: Re: [Module General Discussion] adding card decks to my game

capi3101 capi3101a at netscape.net
Sat Sep 28 13:55:46 MST 2013

[This message has been edited.]

Okay...I'll try my best to answer this question based on my
understanding of what's going on. If I'm wrong, post back. It sounds to
me like:
1) You want a single, 30-card draw deck,
2) You want a single discard pile (empty at the start),
3) You want them on a specific part of your board.
Is that right? I'm pretty sure it's not but I'll press on anyway.

So what you want to do is under your Main Board add two Decks, one for
the draw pile and one for the discard pile. For your draw pile, you want
to set the Width and Height equal to that of your cards, and set the X/Y
position to 100x100 (for now). Set contents to Face Down Always, and set
Re-shuffle to "via right click menu" (or always, if you want it to
happen fully automatically). For the discard pile, set the Width and
Height equal to that of your cards and set the X/Y position to 200x200
(for now). Set contents to Face Down Never, Re-Shuffle to Never, check
Draw Outline when Empty, and check Include Command to send an entire
deck to another deck - add a menu text and hotkey if you wish, and set
the name of the deck to send to equal to the name of the Draw Deck.

Now that those are set up, right click on the Draw deck in the module
editor and select "Add Card" (or "Add Multiple Cards", if you want them
to all have the same properties). Set the face of the card under the
Basic Piece trait and your card back on the Mask trait. You'll want to
add a Return to Deck trait on the bottom; set the menu command to
Discard and select the Discard deck as the specific destination. Rinse
and repeat for all the cards in the deck (or if you used Add Multiple
Cards, you're done).

Now, once the cards are in the draw pile, right click on it and select
"Properties". Near the bottom there's a command called "Reposition
Stack"; click on it and move it to where you want it to be on the board.
Do the same for your discard pile, and you should be golden.

Incidentally, if your game uses the same setup every time and there are
only thirty pieces in the game, you might consider using thirty At-Start
Stacks on your main board (with each stack containing just one single
piece). If not, then never mind.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure this does not answer your specific
question; I can only hope that it does. If not, post again and we'll try
to get this straightened out. Good luck.