[messages] [Module Design] Simultaneous Dice Rolling

StrangeTim strang3tim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:36:04 CEST 2014

As usual, first off, thank you for taking the time to read my post.  I
do not know if what I would like to do is even possible... (it should
be).  Background:
1 - the module that I am updating uses only 1 die shape (d10).
2 - units in the module have combat values that can be changed during
the game
3 - these combat values can "Hit" on any number from 10 to 2. If a unit
were to have a combat value of 1 it would always hit.
4 - All battle rolls happen simultaneously so multiple units can all be
firing at the same time that hit on different values.

Currently the module uses a separate button for each of the different
dice values.  If, for example, a player has 2 units that hit at 6 and 1
unit that hits at 3, the player would click the 6 button, enter 2 for
the number of dice, and click 'ok' then the same player would click the
3 button, enter 1 for the number of dice, and click 'ok'.  I would like
to clean up the module by reducing the number of dice buttons and number
of clicks required to roll dice if possible.  The way I envision this is
where, when the dice button is clicked, a window pops up, like dice
buttons currently do, only this window would have multiple entry places,
each marked for the different combat values.

_Current (normal) Dice rolling:_
[1]

_Desired (photoshopped) dice rolling:_
[2]

Can this be done at all? I haven't been able to find a way.

[1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46517396/dice%201.png
[2] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46517396/dice%202.png