[messages] [Developers] AreaOfEffect enhancement

bbbugs jon.mccarty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:43:34 CEST 2014

Hi there -

First off, a huge thanks to the devs for soldiering on with Vassal.
It's a bit old and creaky, but it's still getting 'er done and a lot of
people are having a lot a fun.  My hat is off to you!

I just had my first fun little foray into the code base last night.  I
was in there because I had been enhancing a big game module and I needed
expression support in the "radiusMarker" field of the AreaOfEffect
decorator.  It was pretty easy to replace the String with an Expression,
and by using Expression.createSimplePropertyExpression() it's also
backwards compatible with existing saves.

Can I get this change into the code base?  Should I just make a bug and
attach a patch?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm also interested in adding a few other little improvements to
the Editor.  For one, I'd like to enhance StringArrayConfigurer (gah
that editor makes my teeth ache) along with some other stuff.  (I still
hate AWT though.)