[messages] [Developers] AreaOfEffect enhancement

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Sat Apr 5 05:37:12 CEST 2014

Hi bbugs,

I will have a look at the patch and merge it in.  Joel is trying to
concentrate on vassal 4, so I will be trying to pick up on the vassal
3.2 maintenance.

Expression support is actually already there, you could just specify the
name of a Calculated Property as the Radius Marker.

However, it would definitely be more convenient to be able to specify
the expression directly.

In fact, what would be better is if we got rid of the 'fixed Radius?'
checkbox altogether and just had the one field 'Radius: ' which would
probably just be a FormattedExpressionConfigurer. You could enter a
number, a plain property name or an expression, all would work. We would
just have to make sure we handle the conversion of any existing property
names properly from legacy use of the trait.

Cheers,
Brent.

PS. Yes Please