[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Apr 8 09:19:31 CEST 2014

Thus spake sithstalker:

> > Yes. Based on those names, you have a 32-bit and a 64-bit JVM
> > installed
> > at the same time, which might also be the cause. Uninstall one of
> > them.
>

> I uninstalled the 32-bit version, but the problem still exists. After I
> exit the Vassal program, it will not restart without manually closing
> the Java file with the Task manager.

Did you reboot after uninstalling 32-bit Java? We've frequently seen
Java behaving oddly if you use it after changing what's installed but
before rebooting.

If rebooting doesn't help, try uninstalling the remaining version of
Java (so you have none) and then reinstall a current version of 64-bit
Java.