[messages] [General Discussion] Populating empty deck from another existing deck?

Sebaestschjin sebastian.naehring at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:27:11 CEST 2014

After some further thought and testing I came up with another idea, you
might try. You can add a dummy piece to your empty deck which has the
image of the deck's outline. Give the item the trait "Does not stack"
and set both options to never, so that you can not select it and it can
not move. This trait prevents the dummy element from being drawn
regulary, and it should also always stay at the end of the deck, even if
you shuffle it. You then could specify the "DeckGlobalKeyCommand" you
want to use to populate the empty deck. As I said this command only
triggers pieces within the deck, so add a regular "GlobalKeyCommand" to
your dummy element. This command than applies to all pieces that match
your given expression, in all locations. You than can check for the
correct deck name you are interested in (forget the "Deck=1" thing, this
wasn't thought through...). It is also not important, if your deck name
has spaces in it. I also use the "GetProperty()" function on a deck with
a space and it works as I want.

Maybe this is something you are looking for? Maybe this approach would
require some further testing and the behaviour of this dummy object.
What does not work is if the deck is not set do always shuffle. So if
your dummy element gets to the top of the deck you're screwed. Its not a
problem if your dummy is at the top and the deck is set to
"Reshuffle=Always", as then another card will be drawn. Using the
command "Send entire deck to another deck" also applies to the dummy
element, so if you use this, the element will be moved, too.