[messages] Edit: Re: [General Discussion] Populating empty deck from another existing deck?

Sebaestschjin sebastian.naehring at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:28:17 CEST 2014

[This message has been edited.]

After some further thought and testing I came up with another idea, you
might try. You can add a dummy piece to your empty deck which has the
image of the deck's outline. Give the item the trait "Does not stack"
and set both options to never, so that you can not select it and it can
not move. This trait prevents the dummy element from being drawn
regulary, and it should also always stay at the end of the deck. You
then could specify the "DeckGlobalKeyCommand" you want to use to
populate the empty deck. As I said this command only triggers pieces
within the deck, so add a regular "GlobalKeyCommand" to your dummy
element which trigger is the key command of your "DeckGlobalKeyCommand".
This command than applies to all pieces that match your given
expression, in all locations. You than can check for the correct deck
name you are interested in (forget the "Deck=1" thing, this wasn't
thought through...). It is also not important, if your deck name has
spaces in it. I also use the "GetProperty()" function on a deck with a
space and it works as I want.

Maybe this is something you are looking for? Maybe this approach would
require some further testing and the behaviour of this dummy object.
What does not work is if the deck is not set do always shuffle. So if
your dummy element gets to the top of the deck you're screwed. Its not a
problem if your dummy is at the top and the deck is set to
"Reshuffle=Always", as then another card will be drawn. Using the
command "Send entire deck to another deck" also applies to the dummy
element, so if you use this, the element will be moved, too.