[messages] [Module General Discussion] What are bounces ?

panther 2010 ares_ubris at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 18:16:44 CEST 2014

Yes, I know this is not the right place to sent this request, but I see
no other alternative.

I received twice a mail like this :

"Your membership in the mailing list messages has been disabled due to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
11-Apr-2014.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted."

Any further attemps to send a mail to obtain explanations about what
happened failed  and the following error message was received :

"MAILER-DAEMON at yahoo.com Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message
to the following address. <messages-owner at vassalengine.org>: Mail server
for "vassalengine.org" unreachable for too long --- Below this line is a
copy of
To Me

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<messages-owner at vassalengine.org>:
Mail server for "vassalengine.org" unreachable for too long."

Now, I'm not a computer savvy and I don't have the faintest idea of what
the hell "bounces" are,

Please explain clearly what the problem is so that I can avoid it
happening again in the future.

Thank you.

 :evil: