[messages] [Module Design] Using a variable inside a map name

phoxounet y.hondarrague at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:15:59 CEST 2014

Hi ! :)

I currently have finished the 1st step of the module development I
wanted to do. The only problem I currently have is that all maps have a
name directly defined in the editor.

To allow more flexibility (my module is about a pen and paper rpg), I
would like each player to enter his character name (I already have some
ideas to do this part from what I read here and there.) so that I could
use this parameter to edit the maps name regarding this character.

To be more precise : there is a common map (GameTable) where players
draw and play cards (main rpg mechanic). Each player has 2 hands : 1 is
his cards hand and the other one is the character sheet. I want to have
the character name (let's say character_name1, global property set
during the "enter the character name" step) in these 2 maps name.

So far, my trys only returned strings, such as $character_name1$,
{$character_name1$}. I am pretty sure that the Map Name parameter can
only return string and not variable values. Can someone confirm it ot
give me a way to do it ? Thanks in advance. :)