[messages] [Module Design] Independent, Non-linear UNDOs

Charles McLellan cgmclellan2000 at knology.net
Tue Apr 29 21:09:44 CEST 2014

I think that I got the duplication done correctly. There were a few
errors in my initial attempts, but now all the script seems to duplicate
Tim's.

Still, I have run into a problem. When I clicked a unit to return to
start, it disappears.

Here is a sequence of screen shots showing what happens. I am not sure,
but I think that the first entries in the Logfile were from a Save
earlier in the process when I was tracking down errors in the copying.
This test begins with <Charles McLellan> test. Only two pieces are set
to return to start at this time -- the German 1st and 2nd Infantry
Divisions at 0924.

In image 1, shows the initial positions of the divisions. In image 2, I
move the 1st Division (remove due to attachment limit). Image 3 shows
the right click of the 1st division. Image 4 shows the location after
the "Return to start" is left clicked.

The unit still shows in the Search window and when that line in clicked,
map shifts with the upper left corner of the map at the upper right of
the monitor. Perhaps the unit is at 0,0 coordinate and unseen under that
white portion of the screen where the Logfile scrolls.

The only difference I see in what I have and Tim's demo is the grid
labels. The demo module's hexes are all numeric while the TRC's modules
all begin with "TRC4" followed by the numeric hex number.

What do you guys think? Should I redo the board so that all hexes are
numeric?

By the way, I asked Tom Gregorio to look at Tim's Demo. Tom said that on
his system, Tim's demo was exhibiting the same results as my changes to
the TRC module. I do not know what computer or operating system Tom
uses. Tim's Demo works just fine on my system -- Dell Inspiration
computer using Windows 7 pro 32 bit with Java 7 Update 51 (build
1.7.0_51-b13).<!-- ia1 -->Image4.png<!-- ia1 -->