[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Counter Location and Logifle Divergence

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Feb 4 23:29:01 CET 2014

Thus spake Charles McLellan:

> Conclusion, either the divergence is total random or the Logfile is not
> revealing all that takes place during a move. Of course, I know that the
> Logfile does not record all actions, just those actions that it has been
> programmed to record. Many actions are not shown -- flips of counters,
> counter movement to tray from right click menu selection, etc.

Flips of pieces definitely should appear in logs. Can you show me an
example in which that happens for pieces which aren't masked?

> So, does the Logfile contain other information than that displayed? If
> not, is there anyway to capture all the action that is occurring?

Yes, there can be quite a bit which is in a log file which doesn't show
up in the chat pane. The only way you'd be able to examine that is by
looking at the contents of the log file directly in a text editor.