[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Feb 10 22:03:42 CET 2014

Thus spake sithstalker:
> I am having the same problem. When Vassal 3.2.10 is launched for the
> first time, it places a folder labelled "launch4j-tmp" in the Java/JRE6
> folder under "Program Files". With that folder in place, the program
> will not start. Once that folder and the files contained therein are
> removed, Vassal will start, but every time it starts, it replaces the
> "launch4j-tmp" folder, which makes it rather inconvenient to use. I'm
> running Windows 8.1 Pro, and Vassal 3.2.0 worked fine prior to the
> installation of 3.2.10.

Apparently newer versions of Windows don't support one of the options
which was in Launch4j prior to 3.1.0-beta2. I've updated the config
file we give to Launch4j and am now building VASSAL.exe with Launch4j
3.1.0-beta2.

Please try VASSAL 3.2.11-svn9002 and let me know if this resolves the
problem for you:

  http://vassalengine.sourceforge.net/builds/VASSAL-3.2.11-svn9002-windows.exe