[messages] [Module Design] Newbie needs help

Kezerk kezerk at kezerk.com
Tue Feb 11 16:23:31 CET 2014

I've prettymuch managed to solve most of my problems and maybe could
manage to do so for these too, but someone may already have done it and
can post a step-by-step howto. No need to re-invent the wheel.

I'm making Europa modules for Vassal, and next I'd need to figure out
how to do two things:

* Create a "Partisan" counter.  The owner is the only one who can view
the reverse side. This can be easily done with "Restricted Access" but
the problem is, how can the owning player check the reverse side of the
counter (to see what it is) without it also showing to the opponent and
observer?   Optimal would be that the owner could see the name of the
unit even with the "masked side" up, but I don't think it can be done,
can it?

Currently I have the piece defined as:
Basic Piece (image of Partisan counter and name "Partisan")
Prototype - Ground Unit (Includes Delete, Movement Trail, Mark when
Moved, Marker - Type = Ground Unit)
Restricted Access
Layer - Front side (Partisan) and reverse side (the actual unit/Dummy)

* Hide all counters with a specific Marker Type.
The Ownership markers sometimes obscure the terrain beneath, and I'd
like to be able to have a "Show ownership on/off" button.
The ownership markers are already defined with Marker - Type = Terrain
How do I create a button/command that only affects them?

Thanks in advance,

- Kez.