[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Feb 12 09:30:48 CET 2014

Thus spake sithstalker:
> I downloaded the 3.2.11 version and installed it. It started from the
> checked box on the finish screen initially, but once closed, it would
> not restart. So, basically, the problem is the same as with the 3.2.10
> installation, except that the Launch file in jre6 in no longer there.

Uninstall and reinstall, but *don't* launch from the installer at the
end of the install. Do you have the same problem then?

> When the uninstall.exe file is used, it does not fully uninstall. The
> "Vassal 3.2.11...." folder remains with the "lib" folder inside. The PC
> must be restarted to delete that file and the parent.

This could happen because something is holding open a file inside lib.
What files are in the VASSAL install folder when this happens?

> I'm not sure if
> that provides any clues, but hope that this can be resolved, as 3.2.0
> was running fine and there were not any problems.

Please find the most recent version which doesn't have these problems
for you. I would be very surprised if that's 3.2.0. You can find the
release archive here:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/releases/