[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] 3.2.9 will not launch under my OS X 10.5.8

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Feb 12 10:39:34 CET 2014

Thus spake blackice:

> Sorry for the slow response. I ran the command above. This is the result
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  74 26 Aug  2011 /usr/bin/java ->
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java

That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

> I don't know what any of this means, but am happy to work through this
> with your guidance.

What that command shows is that /usr/bin/java is a symbolic link to
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java.

Please try 3.2.11-svn9007:

  http://vassalengine.sourceforge.net/builds/VASSAL-3.2.11-svn9007-macosx.dmg

Does this launch for you?