[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Installed 3.2.10 runs as though it's 3.2.9 and won't go away

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Feb 12 17:22:33 CET 2014

Thus spake alsandor:

> Oddly though, when I uninstalled 3.2.10 and 3.2.9, it also
> automatically removed the version of 3.2.7 which I had just installed so
> I had to reinstall it.

This is the expected behavior for a standard install. If you want to
keep versions other than the one you're installing, than you need to
choose a custom install.

> If people are having issues with 3.2.10, you might suggest strongly that
> they uninstall all previous versions which seems likely the reason why
> 3.2.10 (which was installed) appeared as 3.2.9 both in the library when
> making edit saves and in the splash screen.

I doubt strongly that 3.2.10 was identifying itself as some other
version. I suspect that what you did was try to run 3.2.10 when 3.2.9
was already running. You can't have two instances of the module manager
running at once.