[messages] [Module Design] Newbie needs help

Tom Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:08:45 CET 2014

For the partisan counter I would imagine you want to use the "Mask" trait.
See, for example p. 52 of the Module Designer's Guide.
I don't think you will need restricted access.

For ownership markers, I would suggest using "Game Piece Layers".
This is a different kind of layer than the layers used in counters.
It lets you define different layers to which game pieces belong which can
be used to give stacking orders (so, for example, ownership markers can be
on the bottom) and it also makes it easy to turn off the display of certain
layers.  See p. 25 and p. 52.

Guide:
http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/b/b0/Vassal_3.1_designerguide.pdf