[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Installed 3.2.10 runs as though it's 3.2.9 and won't go

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 23:25:31 CET 2014

"alsandor" wrote:
> I uninstalled it from the Uninstall option in Computer (Windows 7).

I'm afraid I don't follow you here. Does this mean you went into the
Control Panel, Programs and Features, found VASSAL in the list,
right-click and chose Uninstall?

> Couldn't this process be simplified by offering to erase all previous
> versions the way Java does?

This is the intended behavior when running the VASSAL installer and
choosing the Standard option (it looks to find all previous versions of
VASSAL, then runs the uninstaller for each of them).

> If I wanted two versions, how wold I prevent one from installing over
> the other?

Two options:

1. Use the __Custom__ option when prompted during the VASSAL installer

2. Don't use the Windows installer at all! Download the ZIP bundle from
this page[1], and simply extract the contents to wherever you would like
to keep the application. It will happily run from anywhere, and you can
manually make a shortcut if desired.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/download.php