[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Feb 17 19:37:17 CET 2014

Thus spake BSkene:
> Before initially opening Vassal, the task manager reported only Chrome
> as running. I opened Vassal as usual with  no problem. Then I  closed
> it. The task manager again reported only Chrome running. Vassal, as
> usual, failed to open a second time.

Would you show me a screenshot of the Task Manager from between the
first and second runs of VASSAL, and then again after the second run?

> In answer to this:
>
> "Also, please answer my other question: How did you launch VASSAL when
> this errorLog was produced? "
>
> I don't know what else to say except what I have repeatedly, that Vassal
> opens once per computer restart.

What I want to know is what did you did to launch VASSAL. There's more
than one way you could be launching it, and I want to establish which
way you did it.

> But isn't the error log produced when Vassal fails to open?

An errorLog is produced by every run which gets far enough into the
launch process.