[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal-3.2.10 wont start

BSkene anebo10 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:35:57 CET 2014

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Joel Uckelman:
> > Thus spake BSkene:
> > > Before initially opening Vassal, the task manager reported only
> Chrome
> > > as running. I opened Vassal as usual with  no problem. Then I
> closed
> > > it. The task manager again reported only Chrome running. Vassal,
> as
> > > usual, failed to open a second time.
> >
> > Would you show me a screenshot of the Task Manager from between the
> > first and second runs of VASSAL, and then again after the second
> run?
>
> What I want to see in particular is the Processes tab. On Windows 8,
> you need to go to "More details" to get there. There's likely to be
> a longish list---take enough screenshots so that all of the rows are
> visible.
>

> On second thought, don't bother with doing this after the second
> run---
> what I actually need is the contents of that process list from between
> successful run and a failed run.
>
> --
> J.

Ok, I usually start it from the desktop icon--IIRC whenever I tried to
start it form the apps page (or whatever microsoft calls it) it wouldn't
start at all.

Here is a screenshot of the processes tab relevant to Java (the whole
thing is much larger than a single screen I looked over the whole list
and I did did not see a line for java.exe):

[1]

I haven't done that image embed thing for so long I donlt know if I did
it right, so here is the URL where you can view it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/malkhos/12616969764/[2]

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/malkhos/12616969764/
[2] http://www.flickr.com/photos/malkhos/12616969764/